A Not So Winter Wonderland


A Not So Winter Wonderland

In my attempt to embrace the cold weather, my friends and I decided to go ice skating at the Rockville Town Center ice rink. The cool thing about the rink is that it is seasonal. The rink is basically a big circle of ice in the middle of the town center with Christmas light decorated on trees and around the rink. 

girls posing on a ice rinkWe went around seven o’clock pm on a Friday night and there was a good amount of people already there. We had a small wait in order for us to get be able to rent and get our skates. After paying about fifteen dollars which covers the skates and on ice time, we each got a wristband which lasts about 3 hours. We sat down to change in to our skates, the nice thing was that there were lockers to put our shoes in. After changing in to our skates we then gone on the ice. Unfortunately, this was my first time ever skating on ice, so I was uneasy at first.

If your anything like me and you don’t want to use the kid poles here are some tricks. Stay to the side nears to the wall and hold on while you glad, your feet in front of you (right then left) and before u know it u will be skating. At this point I was doing well. My friends would even come and hold my hand and take me in to the middle of the rink but here is where I messed up. I was under the false belief that I was a good skater and I could let go of the wall and my friends and be the ice skater I was destiny to be. 

I couldn’t have been more wrong.

I fell flat on my butt and I couldn’t even manage to get myself back up. After getting some help from a friend I retired from the middle and found my right full place cursing on the wall. We eventually left, and it was a great night be out with friends. Lastly, if you decide to go have a wonderful night and share some laughs but always remember to keep up balance.





Comments